Friday, January 28, 2011

My New Blog

Welcome to my new blog! I can't quite believe that I'm actually STARTING a new blog, but I'm hoping that this will give me a place to share my thoughts on the world without spamming up everybody's Facebook pages with my frequent status updates. It should also give me an outlet to rant, comment or celebrate the world around me, which should cut down significantly the number of shower conversations I have with myself. I haven't quite decided what will all appear on this blog, but it should be an interesting sight to see.

When I mentioned on Facebook a few weeks ago that I was thinking of starting a blog, I hit a roadblock. The first step in starting a blog is picking a name, and a URL address. It is amazing how many blogs exist already with the countless unimaginative names that I dreamed up. So, waiting for inspiration, I continued living my life, blog-free. It wasn't until a snowy afternoon (this snowy afternoon, to be precise), that a dear Doctor friend of mine said something that struck my interest.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." 
Yes, granted this is from a fictional character, but I think it is a meaningful statement nonetheless. It also fits quite nicely with my recent pact with myself to focus more on the "haves" in my life versus the "have-nots," and really, isn't that something we can all benefit from?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great start, great title, and I love the design. Looking forward to more to come. Like, say, some of those homework photos you are supposed to be taking? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
My Pile of Good Things - Blogger Templates, Wordpress Templates Free - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Entourage Online. Featured on Local Business Singapore